Bereavement is everyone’s business shows how bereavement impacts us all. From dealing with complicated administration, to coping with financial and housing insecurity, …plus the challenges of returning to work or school after a bereavement, being bereaved throws up challenges in every area of life.
With 8 Principles for Change, and clear, detailed recommendations, the findings from Bereavement is everyone’s business are offered below in a variety of formats to ensure that everyone understands how bereavement affects their particular community, and how to support change for all bereaved people:
- The main summary report gathers the evidence from the key 250+ page full report
- Specific briefings – with key policy recommendations - for all four nations: Northern Ireland, Scotland, there is also a the longer list of recommendations for Scotland, Wales (including Welsh Language version) and England, along with a UK wide briefing
- A specific briefing aimed at children and young people, highlighting the evidence and findings by the Commission
- An easy read version of the summary report
- Watch a short film that explains the report findings and recommendations
The findings follow one of the largest ever consultations on bereavement support undertaken in the UK, which included over 1,000 adult and 100 child respondents to the UKCB’s surveys and evidence submitted from over 130 organisations.