This survey is designed to better understand the experiences of bereaved people and families, and how we can improve the support available for them. Your responses will enable us to ensure that we are accurately representing the key priorities of those who have experienced bereavement and those who work or support bereaved people.
This survey is open to people 18 years or older who have been bereaved in the last 5 years. The survey asks questions about:
- your experience of bereavement
- your views and suggestions about
- practical matters after a death
- accessing bereavement support
- the impact of the pandemic
- support from your community
- anything else you wish to add
- some information about you (demographic questions to help us understand who has responded to the survey)
- We will be setting up special consultations with children under 18 and details will be posted here
If you are supporting someone else to answer this survey, please complete the answers with their responses, including the demographic questions at the end.
You do not need to answer every question. Sometimes your answer to a question will prompt you to move further through the survey. By taking part in this survey you consent that your anonymous responses may be quoted in public reports.
All information collected during the project will be combined, and no individual will be identified in any report or publication. The information and views you share with us will only be used for analysis and non-identifiable data will be used in recommendations, reports, conference presentations, and research papers. We may share anonymised data with other researchers in the future, but you will not be identifiable in these data sets. Find out further FAQs
This survey is for people who have experienced a bereavement in the last five years.
The survey cannot autosave so please prepare your answers in another document, if you want to save your reflections. This survey should take around 25 minutes to complete.
The call for evidence and survey will close on Friday 31st December 2021
Thank you very much for your time.